Wednesday, January 31, 2007

guitars,moulin rouge, and connie and carla. oh and the most adorable picture of me and courtney. ever.

number 1. i am going to watch moulin rouge immediately after posting this because i am the sparkling diamond. deal with it. and who doesnt love a musical montage of songs about love? especially when they throw the beatles in it. hello? admittedly, i didnt like it the first time i watched it, i felt like i needed to be intoxicated or high on somethin other than life to like it. but then i watched it a few more times. and lets just say, WHO KNEW THAT EWAN MCGREGOR AND NICOLE KIDMAN COULD SING! and ewan, ahhhh ewan, as i told courtney, he is sex on a big ol' movie-like stick. and i am completely okay with it.

number 2. have you ever seen connie and carla? it. is. effing. hilarious. its about two girls that see their boss get murdered so they move to like LA or somewhere and start a dinner theater with a bunch of drag queens. it is one of the cheesiest movies ever. but cheese is delicious, and you better remember that.

number 3. i know there has been multiple posts by both me and courtney about the fantastical weekend that was *BISMARCK* but it was just that good. i need to become musical so that when courtney and boy wonder rock out, i can be a part of it rather then sit there like a lame duck and tape it, i mean it does need to get taped somehow, but that chimp i bought today should be able to handle those duties. that brings me to the 4th and possibly best part of my post.

number 4. my friend tyler who is a musician plays amazing guitar. and he does lessons for people every once in a while. he charges most people 50 bucks an hour, but since i am fantastic and super special i get his services FREE. thats right, i get to become a 20 year old prodigy (dont worry that IS a joke haha) for FREE. i. am. so. excited. i need a guitar before we start tho, and that means spending money i probably shouldnt. BUT, today i was in the mart of k (k mart for those who dont speak excited keek) and they had a piddily little guitar for 50 bucks, and yes i am well aware that it is possibly the crappiest guitar ever in life but its a good starter right? i am so excited you dont even know, if you ask courtney she will tell you i have been talking about playing an instrument FOR-EV-ER so that i can be musical because i love music so much i want to be able to do it and participate and not just listen to it. because well shes amazing, boy wonder is just that, and tyler is possibly one of the most talented guitar players i have ever heard. even if he is a poser punk (hehe). okay well thats all for now

POBS

1 comment:

courtney said...

Number One: I. LOVE. THAT. PICTURE. You and me are possibly the two cutest girls on THE PLANET. Yeah. I said it.

Number Two: The first time I saw Moulin Rouge I was a little taken aback as well. I mean come on. What is UP with the Green Fairy? "I'm the Green Fairy!" Ooooookay. We get it. But then I saw it again, and I fell in love with Ewan, because his gift is his song, and who couldn't love a penniless sitar player?

Number Three: I would TOTALLY love it if you could play guitar with us. Except you do have to understand that Boy Wonder and I will still have to have some *alone* jam time. Because he is still *my* Boy Wonder. At least, you'd all better let me think so every once in awhile.

PO to you BS