Saturday, December 16, 2006

Geek 1, Conformity 0

i realized something today while eating my delicious coldstone ice cream. i am no longer a conformist. i was noticing all of the "pretty" high school students staring at me and my two friends out of the corner of my eye and i realized, i no longer give a fuck what other people may think of me. i have the greatest friends in the world, they may not all be cut out for red carpet jaunts, but they sure as hell know how to have fun. MY kind of fun.

i used to adjust to every setting i was in, just so that i wouldn't be the outsider, the "weird person that came with..." whether it was pot smokers, or strict military brats, I. CON. FORM. D. but i am truly, and all the time, me, its a really good thing. i may not have all of me figured out, i mean c'mon i'm 19 years old, but i think i am closer now than ever.

2 comments:

courtney said...

i would just like to pretend i'm billy joel for a moment.

sing with me now!

"siiiing us a songggg you're the--"

wait. wrong song?

oh yeah.

"i love you juuust the way yooooou are!"

that was it! :)

Big Sky Girl AKA raeleighjo said...

Oh me too. I haven't ever met you, but I think you're fabulous.

superstar let's bring her on tour. she's the new entertainment committee.